I love Instagram because…
- It helps me be pay attention to God’s everyday graces.
- It is positive, and uplifting. No one is bashing anyone on Instagram.
- It is a creative outlet. It gives space to communicate what we’re making, the environments that are moving us, and the relationships we value.
- It’s visual and I’m visual.
For me, Twitter is mostly information sharing. Facebook is where I post links to the blog and try to affirm others, but Instagram feels like a smaller, more personal, more inspiring world.
I’m really picky about who/what I follow on Instagram. If you put up all pictures of your kids, friends, or family, I figure I’ll see them on Facebook.
But if you want some suggestions of feeds l like, check these out:
1. benjaminhole – the ebb and flow of farming life on the Isle of Purbeck, England
2. wranglertoday – the Today Show’s puppy with a purpose. These pictures chronicle Wrangler’s journey to becoming a guide dog.
3. earthpix – amazing pictures of places, people, animals, and nature
4. thedailyst – The Daily Saint – “By saints I meant people who behaved decently in a strikingly indecent society.” These are pictures of people doing random acts of kindness.
5. bobgoff – uplifting words and pictures from the indomitable Bob Goff, author of Love Does.
6. usinterior – beautiful pictures from state and national parks
What Instagram feeds do YOU like that I should check out??
*If ANY form of social media feels like too much to you and you just don’t want to go there, I get it! Good for you if this is a healthy boundary…one thing you want to say “no” to.