What?! Look at that chubby old person! What is SHE doing out here with the REAL runners?
Ok, now your turn. Maybe it’s not running, but your thing might be:
- Every time I walk into a room of couples here’s what I think they’re thinking…
- Every time I show up at church here’s what I think people are thinking…
- Every time I have people over to my house here’s what I think they’re thinking…
- Every time I meet another mom here’s what I think she’s thinking…
When I’m running and those destructive thoughts fill my head I remind myself of two things:
1. People think about you a lot less than you think they do. You know who people think about? Themselves! How uncomfortable or inadequate THEY are!
2. God thinks about you a lot more than you think He does. And He thinks good thoughts… That’s My girl! She’s showing up brave and I’m so proud of her!
So the next time I see bright red shirtless guy, I’ve decided I’m going to smile, give him a thumbs up, and say “Good job!”
Because who knows, maybe he’s a little insecure and is afraid of what I’m thinking. 🙂
For the Lord your God is living among you.
He is a mighty savior.
He will take delight in you with gladness.
With his love, he will calm all your fears.
He will rejoice over you with joyful songs. Zephaniah 3:17