We’ve been in San Francisco over the weekend for Maggie’s graduation with her Masters from Berkley. This is that time of year – one of graduations and weddings and new ventures and births of every kind. It’s a season of marking moments. Looking back and looking forward. As I was reflecting on this I thought it’s a time when maybe our heart needs reminding of some things.
So, today, a list of 5 Reminders your heart needs as you launch into whatever new things God has for you:
1. You are not what you do. You are beloved no matter what job you get or don’t get. You are always celebrated by God.
For the Lord your God is living among you.
He is a mighty savior.
He will take delight in you with gladness.
With his love, he will calm all your fears.
He will rejoice over you with joyful songs. Zephaniah 3:17 (NLT)
2. You are gifted. You have immeasurable value. The world would not be the same without you.
Each person is given something to do that shows who God is: Everyone gets in on it, everyone benefits. All kinds of things are handed out by the Spirit, and to all kinds of people! The variety is wonderful… 1 Cor. 12:10 (MSG)
3. You are not alone. Yes, you are unique, but you are not the only one to feel uncertain, or lonely or confused. You are also never without a Companion who goes behind and before you and will never leave you.
“Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.” Hebrews 13:5
4. You are never disqualified from God’s love. Never. No. Matter. What.
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38,39 (NIV)
5. You are always enough because God is enough.
“My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” 2 Corinthians 12:9 (NIV)